Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Revenge

act 1) Recently my gas was shut off because of non payment. Things have been tough financially lately, largely on account of paying $1,050.00 a month to live in a small studio deep in Korea Town. Forutnately, that is my only utility as the building I live in covers my electricity.

fact 2) Up untill a week ago, the management company I rent from decided it was perfectly acceptable to subject me to remodeling and reconstruction noises in the apartment adjacent to me. I did not find these noises pleasing. I asked if they would move me and my dog into a different unit while the remodeling took place or knock down my rent as compinsation for putting up with such a distraction and they declined.

bringing the two together) Having my gas turned off meant I could no longer cook at home. I would have to pay $70 for the bill and reconnection fee. An electric grill from Target costs $50 and since it runs on electricity would be used at the expense of my landlord.

the result) Revenge is a dish best served grilled on both sides.

No comments: